Any deposit item with the offender's name on the payee line (other than "Inmate Trust Fund for offender name and number") may be returned to sender.
The offender's name and TDCJ number can be printed in the margin of the money order, if desired.
Deposits should be enclosed with a filled out deposit slip.
Deposit slips must be obtained from the offender whose account will receive the deposit or on request by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Inmate Trust Fund Department.
Money orders and completed deposit slips should be mailed to:
Inmate Trust Fund
P. O. Box 60
Huntsville, Texas 77342-0060
Do not send trust fund deposits to the offender's facility of assignment and do not send the offender's personal mail or personal items (stationary, pictures, etc.) to the Inmate Trust Fund.
The Inmate Trust Fund can answer questions about whether a deposit was received, but information about the offender's account balance can only be released to the offender.
Offenders receive monthly bank statements that show all account transactions.
Personal checks cannot be accepted and will be returned to the sender or destroyed.
Sending cash through the mail is not recommended.
Money orders and cashier's check deposits of $500 or more, insurance checks and company checks require two weeks to clear before the funds can be used by the offender.
The Inmate Trust Fund does not pay interest; therefore, the account should hold no more than what is required to meet the offender's immediate needs.
Offenders with funds in excess of their immediate needs are encouraged to open a savings account with a banking facility of their choice.
Below are provided the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Inmate Trust Fund Department Current Inmate Trust Fund Deposit Options as of 12/2011.
+ Money Orders or Cashier's Checks
made payable to; Inmate Trust Fund for Offender Name and TDCJ Number:
* Obtain deposit slips from offender or by sending a SASE to Inmate Trust Fund
* Send deposits and/or requests for deposit slips to Inmate Trust Fund, P.O. Box 60, Huntsville, TX 77342-0060
+ Monthly Checking Account Debit (ACH)
* Complete an ACH authorization form (available on request from the Inmate Trust Fund) and have a set amount automatically debited from a personal checking account once each month for deposit to a specified offender
* Attach a voided check on the account to be debited
* Select date 5th or 15th, debit transaction will occur each month
* Submit form with voided check to;
Inmate Trust Fund,
P.O. Box 60
Huntsville, TX 77342-0060
* Free service provided by TDCJ
^-Other Agencies Services:
(Fees may vary or change at any time)
+ Western Union Quick Collect
from anywhere in the United States.
* All three Quick Collect products are subject to different fees, send amounts and other restrictions in certain states. Standard fee for over-the-counter Quick Collect transaction at a Western Union location is $9.95.
Deposit will post offender's account within 24 hours.
* Western Union Quick Collect
* Call Western union at 1-800-325-6000, or visit westernunion.com to find the nearest Western Union location
* Western Union Quick Collect by Phone
* For credit card transactions-call Western Union at 1-800-634-3422 (Press 2 to send Q/C payment)
* Western Quick Collect Online
* For Web transactions, visit westernunion.com
* For each Quick Collect transaction, the following information MUST be
Pay to: TDCJ-Inmate Trust Fund
Code City and State: TDCJ/TX
Account number with Facility: Inmate TDCJ # and Inmate Last Name
Attention: Inmate's last name and first name
* Western Union Convenience Pay offered at select locations within the state of Texas.
* Send up to $200 to an offender's trust fund account for a service fee of $3.00.
* Call 1-800-354-005 to find a Convenience Pay agent location.
* Retail Locations include Kroger, HEB, Minyard's, Sack n Save, Carnival and selected Western Union Agent locations.
+ ACE, America's Cash Express
from anywhere in the United States.
* Deposit funds to an offender's trust fund account for a service fee of $3.00.
* For the nearest ACE location, call 1-866-734-2306 or visit their web site at; acecashexpress.com
+ The Money Box Check Cashing Stores,
in Austin, Corpus Christi, Del Rio, San Antonio and San Marcos.
* Service fee is $3.00.
* Visit their web site at; themoneybox.com
allows you to send money to an offender for service fees ranging from $1.95 to $8.95.
* Visit their web site at jpay.com or call 1-800-574-jpay (5729) to send funds using Visa, Discover or MasterCard credit/debit card.
* Senders may also make cash deposits from their home after setting up a cash collection account with a Jpay customer service representative.
senders can make cash deposits at any MoneyGram location nationwide using an Express Payment form.
* Visit their web site at moneygram.com or call 1-800-MONEYGRAM to send funds using Visa, Discover or MasterCard credit/debit card.
the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Inmate Trust Fund will no longer accept electronic fund transfers from Payment Services International dba 1-800inmates.